Maliyo Games is seeking a natural communicator and an avid gamer whose everyday duties will revolve around growing our player community, engaging with influencers, managing social media and being a reliable point of contact between players and development teams. The incumbent must have a passion for driving audience growth and engagement and will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, business development and leadership to ensure consistent branding and messaging.
Position: Social Media Marketing
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Compensation: Negotiable (subject to experience)
Maliyo is a Lagos-based game development studio that creates African-inspired games for mobile users with over 40 games in our portfolio. Maliyo infuses the continent’s lively culture and experiences into everything we create. Our goal is to embed Africa’s vibrant culture into video games through storylines, character development, immersive environments, captivating sounds and strong visuals.
- Create and executing social media campaigns
- Responsible for the day-to-day management across social platforms (social content, content packaging, event planning, community building, etc.)
- Foster the relationship with variety of content creators
- Keep a close line of communication with our players across different channels (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, extensions to linear television, etc.)
- Develop and lead social strategy on content packaging, hook writing, RSS and automation around Gaming
- Develop strategy to increase engagement across social channels with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content
- Utilize analytics to track and optimize growth and engagement across social channels
- Set social content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and strategic vision for the creation and distribution of Gaming content social platforms
- Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity across social channels and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation
- Contribute to developing elevated content experiences to anchor coverage around key tentpoles
- Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and educate others on the priorities and opportunities
- Assist in the management of live events, virtual and in person.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in digital media, social media, content creation or curation preferred
- Previous editorial, design, content or social media experience in video games is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of major social media platforms: Discord, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, TikTok, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of current media and digital content space
- Passion for communication and being an empathetic listener
- Knowledge of:
- Video games, competitive gaming, serious games, and gaming culture
- Best-in-class visual, creative and social formats, software, and opportunities
- All social platforms, functionality and audience growth best practices
- Being a gamer and having a couple of beloved genres is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in content creation (streams, videos, etc)
- Superb communication, collaboration and analytical abilities
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Work requires continued attention to detail in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines and within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to work with cross-functional teams in-person and remotely
- Portfolio preferred
- Multi-lingual would be a big advantage.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media & Marketing Strategist”.